Saturday, October 16, 2010

Colorwork Crochet Bag

I had been working on this colorwork crochet bag since last spring and I finally finished it last weekend! My first goal was to finish it before my wedding (June 5), then before the start of law school (August 30), but October 11 just had to do! I found the pattern for this "Finest Hops Bag" in the Summer 2008 issue of Interweave Crochet (near the bottom of the page). I wanted to try experimenting with many colors in one piece and also different embroidery techniques.


I plan to use some of the embroidery techniques in future crocheted and woven projects.

I love the Lantern Moon handles for this bag! Also, there are two outside pockets on this bag under the embroidered flowers. I definitely plan to use the pocket techniques in future projects as well. Thanks to Millicent's Yarn in Cumberland, MD for all the supplies for this project!

No comments: