Monday, September 27, 2010

Woven Rag Rugs!

I know it has been a very long time since I have posted and I probably don't have any readers. Last spring I was busy planning a wedding and this summer I got married, traveled a bit, and I recently started going to law school at night (in addition to my day job!). However, I somehow managed to weave a couple of rugs along the way.

I have always wanted to try my hand at a rug. I got tired of making scarves! I had no guidance on this process and just made this up as I went along. I used an unmercenized cotton warp and strips of cotton sheets for the weft. You may not be able to tell from the photo, but it is about the size of a doormat. I love the way they look and as a result, do not want to use them!



In addition to my weaving, I always have a few crochet projects in the queue. I hope to post more on those in the coming weeks and months. Until then, for all my DC readers, Crafty Bastards is this Saturday! Also, a great new yarn shop opened in Dupont Circle - Looped Yarnworks. Enjoy!

2 comments:

rhuddle2000 said...

I just wove my first rag rug a couple of weeks ago and I want to do more as well. Yours looks great.

SingleFemaleSurgeon said...

Yay! DesiWeaver we have missed you. Gorgeous rugs!