Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Multi-fiber Warp Scarves

I have made some more progress on my multi-fiber warp scarves. I used chenille and ribbon in the warp and am using the same chenille for the weft. I had no idea how the ribbon would look once I started weaving, but I am pleased with the results.

If you look at the close up of this image, you will see the stripes of ribbon really packed in nicely with the weft. It does not bubble up or create any strange lumps/bumps in the scarf. In fact, I don't think you can even tell that it's ribbon!

Although I am really happy with how these scarves are turning out, plain weave after plain weave is getting really boring! I have enough for two scarves in this warp that are each two yards long. I will be weaving until it is warm enough to actually wear them...

Special thanks to Kristian Whipple at the ArtSpace for taking the photos for me!

2 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

A long plainweave project is hard for me too. It just keeps going and going!

Here's hoping you have time to do a summery weaving project after this one is done.....while it's still summer!!! (I'm not ready to think about cold again!)

Sue

skiingweaver said...

Love the red. :) And, LOL - I hear you on the tabby front. My mind tends to wander to next projects when I have an easy-to-remember treadling... (Maybe the ribbons would make a fun supplemental warp on a future project, e.g.?) Great practice, though!