Sunday, May 17, 2009

I would rather be weaving...

It has been a long time since my last post, but sadly, I do not have any progress to report! I am taking the law school admissions test (LSAT) on June 8, and every spare moment I have outside of the office has been going toward studying. It is really sad.

I still attend my weaving class at the DC ArtSpace on Tuesday nights, and am happy to report that I have finally started weaving my multi-fiber warp scarves. I will have photos ASAP. These scarves use both chenille and ribbon and are so soft! I have enough warp to make two scarves - I will definitely be keeping one of them for myself.

This is my first experience using a floor loom, and I have mixed feelings about it. I am very short (5"1"), so I have trouble reaching the pedals unless I sit at the edge of the bench. However, after about 30 minutes of this, my rear gets a little numb!

Are there any petite weavers out there that can offer some advice on using the floor loom? We have limited bench options at the ArtSpace, but I am definitely open to suggestions!

No comments: