Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration!

I know this is a fiber arts blog, but since I live in Washington, DC, I just have to post about today's inauguration. I was there with 2 million of my closest friends, and it was incredible. I was about 3 jumbotrons from the Capitol. I can't wait to see some of the pictures of the full crowds all the way back to the reflecting pool. Until then, enjoy one of the shots from my view on the National Mall!



On a fiber related note, I finished the chenille scarf! My loom is so bare, but it is happy to be done with that project. I'm not happy with how it came out because of the various problems with selvedge threads and then some tension problems near the end. However, I did learn a lot from this project. The learning will continue when I run it through the washer. I need to review other bloggers' lessons learned with wet-finishing chenille before I venture into that territory, however. I will post pictures of the final product soon.

No comments: