Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back from my Hiatus








After starting this blog back in July, I promptly forgot that it existed. So... I'm back. During that time I also didn't weave for a while. I switched jobs, apartments, and it was 100 degrees every day for like a month. I have trouble doing fiber arts in the heat, I won't lie. But I'm back now. I turned my studio apartment into my own little weaving/fiber arts studio.




I have started doing crochet again since weaving is such a long process (see the scarf above). I also tried my hand at the inkle loom (see the first bookmark above - it's the green and cream one).




Yesterday I warped my inkle loom with a more exciting warp than my first try. I am hoping to make some bookmarks that are actually attractive and won't ravel.




I am realizing that the holidays are coming up and I need to get a move on with my projects. I have a number of UFO's (un-finished objects) laying around that either need to be discarded or just finished. I am also trying not to let myself buy any yarn to crochet as I have a huge stash from my old boss. This sanction does not apply to new weaving yarn, however. :)




My work at the ArtSpace is moving along slowly, but surely. I am starting a chenille shawl with over 300 very delicate ends. I have a feeling this project is going to test my patience in ways I am not really prepared for. My goal is to have that project done by Christmas. I'll report back on that project in the coming weeks.




Jon and I are exploring a business venture on my LeClerc at home. I'm going to begin this little experiment next week. It may involve a sewing machine, however. The last thing I need is another large object in my tiny tiny studio. I'll report on the mystery project as things get started.




Check back for more updates!

No comments: