Saturday, April 25, 2009

Crocheted Sweater Update #1

I received a couple of requests to post about my crocheted sweater project. This is my most ambitious project as a beginning crocheter. I am making the "Big Bow Cardigan" (without the big bow) from the Winter 2008 issue of Interweave Crochet. Because this is my first clothing item, I decided to use a less expensive yarn, so I'm using the Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Olive:

The green is a little brighter in person than in the photos. In this picture you can start to see the shape of the sweater (3/4 length sleeve on the left):



I have been diligently working on this project bit by bit each day in the hopes that it will be ready in time for sweater season. :) I'm really excited about making something more complicated AND I'm actually making it for myself! I hope that I get the sizing correct (otherwise it might be for sale in a couple of months).

In the weaving world I have made no progress. Between a bad head cold and a busy couple of weeks at work, I haven't been able to plan out my next project for my loom at home. My loom at the ArtSpace is dressed and ready to be wound on Tuesday. I will be weaving my mixed fiber scarves in no time!

Jon's dad did some rehab on my inkle loom last week, so I am also planning to get some inkle pick-up weaving started again. I need to evaluate my yarn options and find some patterns for that project.

I am also excited about the upcoming Maryland Sheep and Wool festival! This will be my first time attending, and I can't wait! My birthday is coming up, so I may be buying myself some early birthday gifts.

That's all from Desiweaver-land! As always, your comments are welcome. I love hearing from strangers and realizing that people actually read my blog!

No comments: