Monday, February 9, 2009

A Week of Progress

I haven't posted in a few days, but I have made lots of progress on a number of projects. Unfortunately, I have no photos to prove it!

1. I finished Jon's second hat. I used Berroco Ultra Alpaca in charcoal gray. It looks pretty sharp, if I don't say so myself! I really love this yarn and have enough for 1-2 more men's hats.

2. I finished my second commissioned crochet project. A co-worker asked me to make her a purple scarf so I made her an eggplant colored crochet scarf with more of the Berroco alpaca. I won't have a chance to take a picture before I give her the scarf tomorrow, but it is a simple scarf using half double crochet stitches. She wanted something warm, so these tight stitches are perfect.

3. I also finished wrapping the warp for my multi-fiber warp shawls. I love the way the ribbon looks with the shimmery chenille. I can't wait to start threading this warp through the reed tomorrow evening at the ArtSpace.

4. I warped my inkle loom to make some woven handles for the upcoming lunch bags.

On tap for this week:

1. Crochet Jewelry! I found a pattern in a crochet magazine and decided to buy some supplies to try my hand at crochet jewelry. Have any of you crocheted jewelry in the past? I hope that I am not adding to my growing list of crafting addictions!

2. Wrapping the warp for recycled lunchbags. I have been meaning to do this for weeks, but I am going to do this tomorrow night at the ArtSpace (for real this time...). My loom at home looks so lonely and bare.

I hope everyone has a productive week on the loom/needles/hooks/etc!

No comments: