Wednesday, November 26, 2008

And....Break!

I finished weaving the bags tonight. There are four in all. I am taking them home for Thanksgiving and plan to use my mom's sewing machine to complete the project. I'm a bit concerned that machine may not work on the plastic bags. I am keeping my fingers crossed and even wove a little section for practice purposes, but I am still paranoid!

For any of you readers (all three of you) in the D.C . area, the place where I take my weaving class is having a holiday bazaar on December 5, 2008. Information about the bazaar and the New Community ArtSpace can be found here. The sale will include various fiber arts, pottery, photography, and much more!

I look forward to reporting back on the status of the recycled bags later this week. Until then, Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I think the bags look awesome!